Efficient Dust Explosion Protection
Tietjen has contributed, through its own research and development of pressure relief systems, to safer milling plants today. All Tietjen products that can be used in dusty environments or flammable substances, are built and tested to be explosion pressure resistant and flame proof to a reduced explosion pressure of 0.4 bar.
Dust explosions pose enormous risks. Tietjen safety technology meets the necessary safety requirements and comes with EC Declaration of Conformity according to the ATEX Directive 94/9 / EC (ATEX 100a), and is available with CE declaration for the Overall system in accordance with EC Machinery Directive 2006/42 / EC (Annex II B).
For proper constructive explosion protection we offer:
- safety slide above the feeder inlets
- Air flow valve for safe air inlet (A-Vent)
- pressure relief valves for milling plants (E-Vent)
- flame proof rotary valves extractors
- fire protection equipment in accordance with local conditions
We also advise you to do a risk assessment and explosion protection concept for your plants and plan for explosion protection systems for your plants.
More than the sum of its parts: Explosion protection of a hammer mill
Interaction of the components for dust explosion protection of a grinding plant.
In the case of a dust explosion in the mill interior, it is critical that the controls dissipate the resulting overpressure and to prevent leakage of flames. Well developedtranslate dust explosion protection only works reliably when the components are professionally matched to each other:
- The rotary valve blocks the flame from spreading between hammer mill and removal system
- With the mill hopper and bin vent filter with relief valves open, there is no flame outlet at elevated pressure, thereby protecting the Container
- The breather valve, that is part of the air-gravity separator (AGS), blocks the flame spread between hammer mill and the surrounding area
- The security slide is decoupled during operating interruptions inside the mill hopper. It responds to the level sensor in the reservoir and during power failure
- All components are explosion-pressure proof and flame safe